Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Blessings vs. Patience

Blessings abound, Patience does not.

Do you wonder what that means?

Here's how I see it- It says in the Bible (not sure where, but I will find it before Friday!) that God will only give us what we can handle. Ok, so maybe that is a large jump at me paraphrasing it. But that is the way I've always heard it used in context.

This blog will be about me, my life, my crazy family (God love them all) and all of the "blessings" we have received. Many of them did not look like blessings in the beginning, and we have honestly wondered if God really thought that we were capable of handling such traumatic events, but always later, we can look back and see God's hand at work.

So blessings do abound.

But patience does not.

Did I mention that while we are in the throes of one of these "blessings" we tend to look everywhere and to everyone OTHER than God for suggestions, reasons, or even ways to make it all just stop? Patience is much easier in hindsight, or for that matter when you are talking to someone else about THEIR problem. It is not nearly as easily found when it is you or I going through the actual pain or problem, or anyone we care deeply for. (Many of these will be about my parents and in laws, to name a few)

I try to be my own voice of reason through these time. I try to say to myself, "come on, TinaLou, you know that last time God worked everything out, and 6 months later it all made sense!"

That is true. And on more than one occasion.

Ah, but getting through the six months? That felt like eternity itself, and it does every time.

Let it begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment