Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bug got Baptized

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council.  He came to Jesus at night and said,"Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."

In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born?"

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. "

John 3: 1-7, 16-18 NIV


Hello everyone!!

I have wonderful news! Just a week or so ago my daughter, Bug (7), prayed one night with her dad to receive Christ and was baptized! So Amazing!! There are very few things, if anything, that as a parent I can compare to knowing that my daughter now knows Jesus personally; and that when our brief time on earth is over she will be with me and her father with our HEAVENLY Father for eternity, praising God.

Did I mention how extremely EXCITED I am?!?!

God works in wonderful and mysterious ways. The Sunday before she prayed, we had 5 children at our church be baptized. That really got the wheels turning in her brain. She has always loved watching whenever anyone was baptized, but I don't think she really understood what was happening.

That night, and the nights following, she asked many questions. She asked me, her dad, and her teachers at church. We wanted to be sure that she really understood what was going on, and was not just following the crowd because she thought it was something she was supposed to do.

She really understood! After praying with her dad, the first thing she did was start crying. When he asked her why, she said,"But what about all of my friends that don't know Jesus?"

Wow! I love my compassionate little girl. To develop a faith in Christ and then immediately have a heart for the lost, I am just overwhelmed!

To all of you who believe, celebrate with us! To those of you that do not, you should really read up on it and ask someone you know if you have any questions!!

God Bless!!

~Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment